Business Development & Marketing Director (New York City)
Our client, a high profile, international, litigation law firm is seeking a Business Development & Marketing Director. This position will work closely with the managing partners as well as attorneys across all practice areas and office locations. This position will be responsible for setting strategy and priorities across the business development, marketing, and communications verticals. The director is primarily responsible for managing and mentoring the business development, marketing, and communications teams and is expected to provide guidance to the entire department.
• Collaborate with firm leadership to set strategic objectives and implement initiatives that drive new business growth.
• Provide oversight of business development efforts including pitches, RFPs, and firm sponsored events.
• Guide partners to develop and maintain client relationships, identifying and prioritizing specific client opportunities and analyzing performance within the context of the firm’s overall business development strategy.
• Oversee management of client relationship intelligence and the firm’s use of CRM, including strengthening existing client relationships and growing key clients.
• Develop and implement strategy to raise the visibility and increase awareness of the firm’s reputation.
• Oversee firm branding efforts to ensure consistency of message and design.
• Evaluate sponsorship opportunities, pro bono/charity events, attorney conferences, professional organization, and committee selection.
• Work with communications team to develop digital marketing strategy, including goals for the website, blogs, and social media platforms.
• Manage holiday program, including oversight of coordination of holiday cards, gifts, list management, etc.
• Work closely with Marketing team on the management of season sports tickets.
• Develop strong working relationships with attorneys across all firm offices and members as well as outside vendors and resources.
• Manage, train, and supervise business development, marketing, and communications team members in assignments to ensure they are completed on schedule and provide training as needed.
• Develop, prepare, and maintain annual marketing budget.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree and excellent academic record from a 4-year accredited college or university required.
• 10+ years marketing and business development experience.
• Law firm experience required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong editor.
• Experience with CRM database highly preferred.
• Experienced strategist and team leader.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to form and maintain relationships.
• Ability to maintain composure under pressure.
• Strong work ethic, highly reliable and dependable; flexible and able to work against deadlines; uses sound judgment.
• Outstanding client service orientation and listening skills; comfortable and confident in interacting with firm leadership and attorneys.
• Must be able to represent department and the firm in a professional and positive manner.