Business Development Manager (Central Belt, Scotland)
Our client is a well-established Scottish-based company providing IT services to end-user customers and leading technology partners throughout the UK. Our client consistently delivers high levels of customer satisfaction underpinned by the company’s accredited methodologies and processes, including: ITIL aligned service desk, ISO27001 for Information Security Management, ISO9001 for Quality Management and ISO14001 for Environmental Management, Investors in People and Prince 2.
The Company’s core ‘lines of business’ are End-User Computing, Managed Service and Cloud Services. This includes UK wide end-user device deployment for many major government and corporate organisations.In addition to providing services directly to end-user organisations, our client has also successfully partnered major technology vendors and system integrators, in delivering large scale deployment and support services throughout the UK.
Our client is seeking to recruit a Business Development Manager to grow their existing new direct business sales function. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will be joining an established business with growth aspirations underpinned by an on-track Board Business Plan. The ideal candidate will have experience in selling Technical Solutions and IT Services, as described above, to direct customers throughout the UK and will have experience of managing tender bid opportunities, supported by pre-sales assistance.
The Business Development Manager will be a strategic partner to executives who focus purely on establishing new business relationships with non-client organisations and who:
- Own the full sales cycle from prospecting through close;
- Are responsible for strategically selling Microsoft, VMware Citrix, Cloud & Managed Services to mid-market organisations;
- Have excellent executive presence and the ability to lead and close a complex sales process using value selling propositions;
- Have self-motivation, self-discipline, creativity and a determination to reach goals and objectives with minimal management intervention and control. An ability to work independently but also to lead teams in the completion of important projects and major initiatives; and
- Possess strong written, oral, interpersonal communications and presentation skills.
- Ability to build relationships with peers and higher level management among Capito sales/marketing staff, business units, partners, and customers.
To be successful in this role, the candidate should be:
- An independent and thoughtful sales professional with exceedingly developed sales and negotiation skills;
- An overachieving sales professional who can confidently articulate and quantify previous successes;
- A resolute sales professional who is driven by succeeding in challenging and complex sales opportunities; and
- Have experience in selling Microsoft, VMware, Citrix, Cloud & Managed Services solutions.