Legal Word Processor/Administrative Assistant (New York City)
Our client, an international litigation law firm is seeking a Word Processor/Administrative Assistant to join their Word Processing Department in New York City. This position will be responsible for reviewing and editing legal documents for content, consistency, format, grammatical, typographical, or compositional errors, as well as style and design. This position will also act as an Administrative Assistant on an as needed basis. Hours 10am to 6pm, with flexibility for overtime.
• Create, edit, and format documents using a variety of applications
• Troubleshoot document and/or technical inquiries
• Convert documents from various formats to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF and format according to the firm’s standard
• Perform a variety of administrative duties of a confidential nature for attorneys, paralegals, and/or managers as needed
• Responsible for data entry and information processing, along with preparing reports, correspondence, letters, research, and other materials
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in a legal word processing center is preferred
• Excellent knowledge in Office 2010/2016 (Office 365 is a plus) Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Experience involving heavy formatting, TOA and TOC creating, applying styles and numbering schemes, working with tables and graphics in Word 365 is preferred.
• Ability to convert pdf and scan documents to Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
• Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Must have excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Must be a team player committed to superior customer service with a professional demeanor
• Strong proofreading skills
• Flexibility to work overtime