VAT Manager (Edinburgh or London)
The VAT Manager role will play a key role in supporting the Head of Indirect and Operational Taxes manage the indirect tax affairs of our global financial services client and will be responsible for:
• Acting as first point of contact for any VAT questions from the global business including the provision of prompt commercially focused indirect tax advice across all business vectors – Personal, Adviser and Investments and enhancing knowledge of indirect taxes across the business vectors.
• Monitor changes in global VAT and indirect tax legislation, including in digital reporting and interpretation to identify potential impact on the business and take appropriate action.
• Ensure indirect tax risks and opportunities are identified and managed in line with Tax Authority rules and company policies including developing and enhancing controls.
• Provide governance and oversight of VAT compliance for UK and EMEA businesses and UK, Luxembourg and Irish VAT registered Funds working with Finance Colleagues and third parties.
Key Outcomes / Responsibilities:
• Provide a key lead for the business on indirect tax technical questions arising in respect of the business and its product ranges.
• Stay abreast of developments in market practice and legislation in relation to VAT and other indirect taxes.
• Ensure the effective application and development of the tax risk and controls framework for indirect taxes together with supporting governance and reporting requirements
• Work closely with other tax colleagues to ensure consistency of approach, sharing of knowledge and effective risk coverage for the business globally
• Work with key business and external stakeholders to ensure that both ongoing needs and ad hoc requests are met in a timely and appropriate manner
• Coordinate external advisors as required to assist on indirect tax queries
• Ensure effective processes to actively manage outsourced service arrangements exist so as to ensure that service providers meet key deliverables and appropriate oversight requirements are maintained
• Support with project work as indirect tax SME
• Support on tax audits and other tax authority responses
• VAT professional at experienced manager level
• Professional qualification such as CTA, ACA etc
• Wide variety and spectrum of VAT advisory expertise gained in a practical roles
• Advanced user of data analytics tools/Excel an advantage
• Experience of ERP systems such as Oracle an advantage
• Experience working in Financial Services and/or multinational organsisations an advantage