Senior Corporate Tax Manager (Edinburgh or Glasgow)
Our client is a high profile accountancy firm who are seeking a Senior Corporate Tax Manager. Potential candidates will excel at client relationships and have the confidence and skills to win new work and clients
As a corporate tax professional working between the Glasgow and Edinburgh offices you’ll provide a full range of tax services, comprising both compliance and advisory work.
You’ll be working alongside specialists on a day to day basis to broaden your experience of different tax areas to help clients through planning, financial accounting, tax compliance and maintaining effective relationships with the tax authorities.
The varied work of this role will offer broad experience with significant exposure to senior stakeholders, responsibility in key decisions and a more varied portfolio to help you develop your career with the organisation.
Your key responsibilities
- High level management of the successful delivery of technically complex consulting projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical / business driven approach taken
- Review possible leads from other areas of the practice
- Help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff
- Significant involvement in the management of the team both in terms of strategy and operations and also through managing junior staff development and assignments
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong client relationship management skills with ability to develop quality outputs to clients
- Business development skills, able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- Experience of coaching and developing more junior staff
- ACA/CA/ACCA/CTA; or Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training Course; or Law qualification
- Experienced corporate tax practitioner
- Proven ability to read and interpret existing and new tax statute